Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

CO: $8.73
    Hero (BTN): $10.40
    SB: $11.34
    BB: $8.78
    UTG: $17.73

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has J:diamond: J:spade:

UTG calls $0.10, CO raises to $0.30, Hero raises to $1.20, fold, fold, UTG calls $1.10, CO calls $0.90

Flop: ($3.75, 3 players) 7:spade: 4:diamond: 9:spade:
    UTG checks, CO checks, Hero bets $2.67, UTG calls $2.67, CO calls $2.67

Turn: ($11.76, 3 players) K:heart:
    UTG bets $13.86 and is all-in, CO calls $4.86 and is all-in, Hero?

Has the UTG player been donking the turn a lot? Not sure what he does that with here. You bet big enough on the flop to fold out most overcards. CO could have a straight or flush draw.

I played a hand a long time ago where I held KK and got a dry flop with no aces. I c-bet in position and Villain called. Villain then Donk-shoved dark on the turn which was an A. I called and he had a set. Had he shoved the turn after seeing the ace, I likely would have put him on the ace and folded.

Comment

• NJpokermike36
      NJpokermike36 commented
      Editing a comment
      It was a new player and no stats or reads.

I think it's a fold, if we give one player some logical KX, and a discounted frequency of sets, plus flush draws and gut shots as bluffs, then even if we give the other player only flush draws we don't have the ~31% equity we need to call

Comment

He donked a pot size bet into two players. Villain 2 called all in for about 50% of villain one's bet. Even if I give credit for the second one having a flush draw, there is no way I can be good here. I show my jacks and fold.

Alas, the UTG player rolls Q3 of hearts(No hand and no draw) and the 2nd villain had A5 of spades for the nut flush draw. Ace high wins the pot.

Thanks!
      Last edited by NJpokermike36; 05-17-2021, 06:54 AM.

Comment

• jjpregler
        jjpregler commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, they both butchered the hand. I would keep notes and get them both later. That happens, but you can't call in hopes that UTG is just spazzing out here.
        Last edited by jjpregler; 05-21-2021, 04:59 PM.

Ugly, but yeah, in a multi-way pot, you are either beat or up against hands with decent equity against your hand. Additionally, the fact that you hold the Js reduces the number of flush draws that can be in the ranges, if only by a bit.

Comment

Working...
      X