AJ 1/2nl 50bbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AJ 1/2nl 50bbs

Folded to mp, he limps, I have AsJh on the button and make it $10. Blinds fold, mp calls, heads up.

Pot 23

Flop AcTc4h.

He bets 10, I make it 30. He calls.

Pot 83

Turn 4s

I shove with my last 60.

Thoughts?

By the flop, you have 40% of your stack in there already so I see no reason to fold. Where is the rest of your money? Why are you only playing with $100?

Thanks!
    Last edited by NJpokermike36; 05-14-2021, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NJpokermike36 View Post
      By the flop, you have 40% of your stack in there already so I see no reason to fold. Where is the rest of your money? Why are you only playing with $100?

Thanks!
      I bring 2 buyins and top off while getting low. Was down to my last 100.

I used to have a box, but this forces me to drive back home if I lose 2 buyins and clear my head.

Comment

• NJpokermike36
        NJpokermike36 commented
        Editing a comment
        I am going to echo the same thoughts as Dilly did. Let's start by examining the hand. MP limps. That should tell you that he doesn't have a bigger Ace, AK, AQ, AJ or A10, because he would have opened with those hands pre-flop. When he leds the flop, what could he have that now has you beat on the turn? A4, 54, 43 and maybe 64 of clubs? Not many hands there that have you beat on the turn. I think this is villain dependent. If I think he will bet, then I will check/shove. If I think he will check behind, then I would shove the turn. I am not folding the turn under any circumstance after I put $40 in up to the flop with $60 behind.

The thing that really concerns me is that all of your posts see to be asking for feedback on situations that are very basic. They are not tough spots. For someone who claims to have been voted best player on some unknown site and who has just quit his full time job to play poker with an undersized bankroll, it seems to me that these are not the type of situations you would expect someone of your purported ability to be asking about.

It truly sounds like you made up your mind you want to be a professional poker player and ready or not, you are going for it. I think that is a very dangerous line to take.

Thanks!
        Last edited by NJpokermike36; 05-15-2021, 09:18 AM.

• raywarrior
        raywarrior commented
        Editing a comment
        Jonathan Litttle has said he limits himself to 4 buy-ins no matter what and setting a limit to 2 buy ins in a night is reasonable. Unless I am misremembering.

• NJpokermike36
        NJpokermike36 commented
        Editing a comment
        Two buy-ins is not reasonable, IMO and I know other pros who play with 5 buy-ins a night. This is especially true when they are suppose to be so much better than the competition.

Start with assumptions on Villain, he limp called then led flop here which is not good, so he's either not a studied strong player, or he thinks you aren't, in this case I'd lean towards the former.

So what does his range look like? We can't know, bad players are often leading here with AX to protect against the flush draw, some are leading their nuts, some are leading flush draws.

Question is does he call our raise and shove with flush draws, if so it's probably fine, if not I would just call his lead.

Comment

Sounds good

Comment

I was trying to follow Tommy Angelo's lesson on bankroll management where he suggests keeping your cash at home so you don't tilt it off when you run bad.

I'll go ahead and bring it back to the room. Little says volume is key, and it def does break up olive having to go back home

Comment

• NJpokermike36
            NJpokermike36 commented
            Editing a comment
            Tommy is right, you don't bring your whole bankroll with you, but you should have at least 3 buy-ins with you. Playing 1/2, you probably need at least 4 because of the variance.

Thanks!

On this hand, I like the raise on the flop, I think I go $25ish with my range here. Once he calls and the board pairs a low card, I think you are better off checking. The BB should have a wide bluffing range on the river after a turn check, then you can easily pick it off on a blank. I'm not really looking to fold this, but if you allow him to bet river, he gets the money in with a wider range which is better for your hand.

I think there is more value calling his all in rather than having him call your all in.

Comment

I would jam against most 1/2 players who are generally weak calling stations. I want to charge his flush draw, which they often chase against pot odds. He is not likely to bluff jam if I check back either.

Comment

• mriebel
              mriebel commented
              Editing a comment
              But he won’t call if he has nothing.

• NJpokermike36
              NJpokermike36 commented
              Editing a comment
              mriebel I am a bit confused with your comments. You ask for advice, but once given, you always are countering and offering why that recommendation is not the right play.

Nobody plays perfect and even GTO has it's limitations. GTO should be adjusted based on the villain's tendencies. There are so many people here who are willing to offer you their advice so YOU become better, not them. You should try to take that advice without always looking to justify why you made a play and why it isn't wrong.

Thanks!

• mriebel
              mriebel commented
              Editing a comment
              If we bet the river after he checks to us, and he has air, he is just going to fold.
          Working...
          X