Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tight river fold w/ KK

Hi all,

First post, new pokercoaching member. I have been playing 10NL mainly for the past few years, slightly winning player but can't seem to make necessary river folds as villain never seems to bluff big on rivers (something which I do a lot myself). I have decided to just start folding rivers in spots like below. Should I stop value betting these spots and just check behind? Or is this just a good fold?

No info on villain whatsoever...

PokerStars - $0.10 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
    Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 71.2 BB
    SB: 150.4 BB
    BB: 125.6 BB
    Hero (UTG): 241.9 BB
    MP: 102.5 BB
    CO: 98.5 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has KdKh

Hero raises to 2.5 BB, fold, fold, fold, SB calls 2 BB, fold

Flop: (6 BB, 2 players) 6:spade: 6:diamond: 5:club:
    SB checks, Hero bets 2.9 BB, SB calls 2.9 BB

Turn: (11.8 BB, 2 players) 2:diamond:
    SB checks, Hero bets 15 BB, SB calls 15 BB

River: (41.8 BB, 2 players) 7:spade:
    SB checks, Hero bets 28 BB, SB raises to 100 BB, fold

SB wins 93.4 BB

I think it is a good fold. The villain either has a straight or a 6, maybe even 67 for a full house. When he calls the turn, he is unlikely to be floating. He has a 6 or a straight. I think if he had like 9's or 10's he would raised the turn. The river is a check back for sure, but could I check it back? If I was stuck, probably not..

Thanks!
    Last edited by NJpokermike36; 05-09-2021, 07:14 AM.

Comment

• mriebel
      mriebel commented
      Editing a comment
      If overpairs raise the turn, what is there that he can get value from by betting the river?

• NJpokermike36
      NJpokermike36 commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't think he gets value on the river. I think he checks with c/c or c/f possibilities depending on what UTG does.

Maybe size up on the flop to like 67% pot. Against the BB I would think this is a small range bet but assuming SB is mostly suited broadways and pairs, might generate more EV to go large and polarized since their calling range is pretty inelastic.

Definitely love the turn overbet.

River bet for value from overpairs and thee occasional 7X seems fine. seems fine, possible we can go larger.

When he raises we need to be good ~29% of the time to call. If we assume he can have all possible sets, 98s, 43s A6s, K6s 86s 76s 65s that beats us, and they have something we beat (overpairs) 31% of the time, 12 combos we're good to call. It is not likely they have all those combos of value. If we consider that they're going to raise their nuts on flop and turn at some frequency, and 98dd is the only 98s calling the overbet ont he turn.....it's definitely close. With no read I think population is spewing off frequently enough that I'm calling here.

TLDR I'd call here but we're definitely getting stacked pretty often

Comment

Thanks for the comments!

Comment

I might actually check back the river since a lot of his draws potential hit if I think he would have raised overpairs on the turn. If I bet and the SB has not shown capability of bluffing the river, just fold.

Comment

I think you have to bet larger on the flop. On this board, it is a good board for the caller's range, so you have to polarize your range and the right sizing for a polarized range is 2/3 - pot size.

After you overbet the turn, I think you have to check behind on the river.

Comment

Working...
          X