Floating with KQs on Ace High Flop vs. 3-Bet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floating with KQs on Ace High Flop vs. 3-Bet

In a 2/5 cash game, I was on the cutoff with KdQd and about $750 in stack facing a single limper. I raised to $25. A solid LAG in the SB 3-bet to $75. The limper folded. I called. Pot $160 going to the flop.

Flop Ad9s7h, giving me a backdoor nut flush draw. He c-bet $75 into $160. Normally, I would consider that an easy fold, but I decided to float him in position, partly because my KQs blocks some of his AK and AQ combos that are in his 3-betting range and he is never going to fold. Pot $310 going to turn.

Turn 6c. He checked to me. I bet $170 and he folded. So my floating worked.

I think that's a good float for the reasons you said and also we either need to call some BDFD broadways or the underpairs to meet MDF here. Also think blockers make it a good bluff on the turn

Comment

I agree, it is a good float. You can't fold to a continuation bet every time you miss. If he doesn't have an ace and a King comes, that gives you the high card pair. Easy bet when he checks the turn to you. He probably had a similar type of hand or a smaller pair like 44's or 55's.

Thanks!

Comment

• NJpokermike36
        NJpokermike36 commented
        Editing a comment
        I would bet if i was checked to because I have postion. If you bet, he will check to you on the river and you could check behind

• mriebel
        mriebel commented
        Editing a comment
        Even if a K came on the turn?

• NJpokermike36
        NJpokermike36 commented
        Editing a comment
        Again I think my response is pretty clear
    Working...
    X