X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hand Review Low Stakes Cash Game

Hello everyone from Pokercoaching.com,

Here's a hand review im curious to hear about:

Sorry for the display of hand, this is the history from Pokerstars I tried to highlight the important action so you can have a better time trying to review the hand.

Notice that i don't have any strong read on any opponent on the table yet. The only thing i know is that i caught ''Pakodiaz'' (Vilain) bluffing once on the river.

PokerStars Hand #222405640628: Hold'em No Limit ($0.01/$0.02 USD) - 2021/01/08 23:47:32 ET
    Table 'Luna' 6-max Seat #2 is the button
    Seat 1: Hxc_Pancarte ($5.70 in chips)
    Seat 2: paKodiaz13 ($3.46 in chips)

Seat 3: redhairdgb ($1.66 in chips)
    Seat 4: Pharlap61 ($3.94 in chips)
    Seat 5: Chief BGV ($1.16 in chips)
    Seat 6: Mozillla11 ($2.37 in chips)
    redhairdgb: posts small blind $0.01
    Pharlap61: posts big blind $0.02

*** HOLE CARDS ***

Dealt to Hxc_Pancarte [Qs Kh]
    Chief BGV: folds
    Mozillla11: raises $0.04 to $0.06
    Hxc_Pancarte: raises $0.12 to $0.18

paKodiaz13: calls $0.18
    redhairdgb: folds
    Pharlap61: calls $0.16
    Mozillla11: calls $0.12

*** FLOP *** [4c 4s Th]

Pharlap61: checks
    Mozillla11: checks
    Hxc_Pancarte: checks
    paKodiaz13: checks

*** TURN *** [4c 4s Th] [Qc]

Mozillla11: checks
    Hxc_Pancarte: bets $0.25
    paKodiaz13: calls $0.25
    Pharlap61: calls $0.25
    Mozillla11: folds

*** RIVER *** [4c 4s Th Qc] [Kc]

Hxc_Pancarte: checks
    paKodiaz13: bets $3.03 and is all-in
    Pharlap61: folds
    Hxc_Pancarte: calls $3.03
    *** SHOW DOWN ***
    paKodiaz13: shows [Ad Js] (a straight, Ten to Ace)
    Hxc_Pancarte: shows [Qs Kh] (two pair, Kings and Queens)

paKodiaz13 collected $7.28 from pot

Thank you for your time and let me know if you guys need any more info.

Take care y'all

Hello and welcome to the forum!

First off, it's easier to follow the hand if you paste the Pokerstars Hand history into a handhistory converter. I have a little hard time to follow but I will give it my best shot.

Pre-flop: I like the 3-Bet.

Flop: Against 3 opponents I like that you check and play careful.

Turn: I guess the pot is 0,73$. Betting is good and I guess 33% pot can be good, however I would go a little bit bigger to around 0,50$ instead. They have a lot of worse hands that can call so using a bigger sizing, especially against weaker opponents is very good. With 2 callers you have to be a bit careful though.

River: Pot is 1,48$? The river brings in some backdoor draws and villain shoves 2x the pot. To me this just screams Value. In NL2 I've learned that people usually have exactly what they tell you they have, and here he says he has something huge. If villain is crazy he can do this with weird hands but usually is just a super good hand. So even though you have top 2 pair on the river you pretty much just have a bluff catcher. With no reads I don't think we can say that villain shoves anything worse for value on the river. KT and AK might be bet medium size but it's not getting shoved. So even though it sucks I would probably fold here and rather get bluffed the few times this is not for value.

Last thoughts: As some final points I think that you played this hand good but on the microstakes I would just fold a lot where villain has to be very creative to find bluffs. Instead you should focus on getting your win-rate from thin value bets, since most people on NL2 really don't like to fold anything really.

Hope my answer was helpful and good luck in the poker streets!

Comment

Thanks for the quick feedback, really appreciated.

As i've been taught by Jonathan, at micro/low stakes indeed players tend to not bluff river enough and i should folded to that 2x bet.

As i saw him bluffing on a previous hand i taught he may have went on another bluff. But as im realising now, the 2x pot screams value indeed and when the vilain previously bluffed, he betted smaller.

well thanks for the reply and ill pm you for the hand history converter.

best regards !

Comment

to the ones who might be interested, heres the reply from Andrea Thomas @Pokercoaching team:

Andrea Thomas (PokerCoaching.com)

Jan 9, 2021, 18:50 PST

Hey Joel,

Here is some feedback on your hand:

Preflop 3betting with this hand is a bit marginal, it is the bottom of the range. Exploitatively, sizing up a little bit preflop and making it .25 could be a good option. Once we 3bet preflop, most of the time we want to cbet the flop small, ether 25% or 33% of the pot with range. If we bet this flop small, on the turn we could size up to ether 3/4 pot, pot, or 125% pot. This line should prevent your opponents from reaching this river with an overly wide range while also ensuring you get paid a hefty price along the way. On this river, when your opponents are loose and passive and they like to call and suddenly want to play for all the money on a card that completes the flush and the straight, you have to realize that 2 pairs could be beaten. You have to ask yourself, what is the first hand that I beat, and does it play like that? Wishing you the best of luck!

regarding the HH, you want a club in your hand to hero down, you want to block the flush and broadways, you have hands like KK and AK in your range that works better as calls

Comment

Working...
      X