Playing SB In Limped Pots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing SB In Limped Pots

I'm aware that we ideally want to be playing a three bet or fold strategy from the small blind when facing a raise. What is the preferred strategy when facing one or more limpers? This is big blind dependent, of course. I've generally followed JLs advice from his combatting limpers class - Raise premium and marginal hands, call with drawing hands, fold junk. I'll raise a little more liberally when I expect players to fold, fold a little more when I expect to get raised or called a decent amount. The challenge I'm finding is there are too many spots where I raise something marginal - KJo, ATo, etc - get called in one or more spots then end up playing an inflated pot out of position. I just opened up Mastering Small Stakes to see he advocates raising 99+, AJs+ and AQo plus from SB facing limpers. So perhaps my raise strategy is too loose.

Below is a roughly how I play the SB facing say a CO limp with a relatively passive BB. Is the raising range here too loose, particularly with the inclusion of the marginal hands? 10nl six max cash if that helps. Thanks.

Interested to see others thought because I have literally no idea how to play these spots . I think I probably do something like below:

Comment

• AJH914
      AJH914 commented
      Editing a comment
      Our ranges are close - clearly I'm playing more aggressively in this situation. Maybe that's a detriment to my game as I'm bloating the pot OOP. I just don't like limping and generally choose the aggressive move when I have a choice.

• Dilly
      Dilly commented
      Editing a comment
      There could be merit to that, if I'm being honest I probably play in game tighter than this, I find myself making a lot more mistakes against harder to define ranges OOP.
Working...
X