TPTK OOP Multiway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TPTK OOP Multiway

I wanted some feedback to see if I overplayed this hand. Only two hands on villain so no read. I've been doing more of the homework assignments and feel that betting TPTK with nut flush blocker is correct but it still seems optimistic OOP on a tough board. If I were to check one street what would be optimal?

https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/324IqW0ps

I'm not positive what the optimal line is here, but I'm inclined to play somewhat passively OOP multiway on a pretty dynamic board. Probably XC flop.

I've heard others recommend an all XR/XF strategy multi-way, which kind of makes sense to me, we would be XR here, folding to a 3-bet, in this case same outcome because he was intent on slow playing his set.

I actually think holding the Ad incentivizes us to bet less here, we block flush draw combos that would call and we would be ahead of

Comment

Originally posted by Dilly View Post

I actually think holding the Ad incentivizes us to bet less here, we block flush draw combos that would call and we would be ahead of
      Good point - I was looking at this card as a positive for us when in reality it blocks the draws villain could call with.

I watched part of the webinar James Romero did on playing OOP as preflop raiser. He (and the solver) advocated a 100% checking strategy. That feels a little passive to me in small stakes but I should look for opportunities like this to build it in to my game.

Comment

I think you played it almost perfectly in this situation. You are cold called by recreational players, I would say it's definitely a mistake not to cbet and get value with what is very likely the best hand on the flop.

Turn doesn't change anything, no reason not to continue betting. River check call is best. He might overvalue a weaker Qx or maybe bluff with smth like K10 or God knows what else.

Check raising seems sweet as well, but I wouldn't count on them betting on such a wet board. I don't want to give weak draws a free card.

Comment

Working...
        X