Flopped Nut Straight from Big Blind, then Board Paired on Turn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flopped Nut Straight from Big Blind, then Board Paired on Turn

In a 2/5 cash game, I held Qs9h in the BB with about $900 in stack facing a $15 raise from a solid aggressive player in EP (had me covered) and flat calls from a LAG on the LJ (about $750 in stack) and a super calling station (about $500 in stack) on the button. I decided to defend for $10 more, especially since there was a weak player on the button. There was a total of $62 in the pot.

I flopped the nuts with JhTh8s. The preflop aggressor c-bet for $35, the LJ raised to $105, and the button folded. I 3-bet to $265. The preflop aggressor folded, and the LJ called, putting a total of $627 in the pot. I thought he could have 2-pair or a set and hope either that I am bluffing or he’ll boat up on the turn or river, or he could be on a heart draw. He could also have the lower straight with 97s.

Turn Jd, pairing the board. His sets and some of his 2-pairs have boated up, but his flush draw has not gotten there. I checked to him to let him bluff his flush draws. He shoved for about $450. I called, hoping he was on a draw. He showed 88 and boated up 🙁.

To stay balanced, I would have played the flop the same way with T8, but would have folded to his shove after my 2-pair got counterfeited. In that case, his flush draws may also have some overcards,

I don't think everyone puts more chips in the pot hoping for a chop

Comment

• mriebel
      mriebel commented
      Editing a comment
      Where would I (or he) have been hoping for a chop in this hand?

• CrazyEddie Reloaded
      CrazyEddie Reloaded commented
      Editing a comment
      just saying u hope alot ... was referring to the mtt hand u posted K3 < K8 ?

• mriebel
      mriebel commented
      Editing a comment
      Would you have played this any differently on any street?

I would , but that's beside the point. Give u credit for writing paragraph... problem is if you run the turn and river 4 times, I suspect u will get the worse end alot.

Your opponents ( from other posts ) have played nearly perfect against you, ( if they could see your hand ) You don't have a simple fix

Comment

• mriebel
      mriebel commented
      Editing a comment
      And if the turn is a heart and I check to him, what does he do?

• CrazyEddie Reloaded
      CrazyEddie Reloaded commented
      Editing a comment
      yea, u don't know what a lag is

• mriebel
      mriebel commented
      Editing a comment
      And I guess he checks back if the turn is a heart and I check to him. He beats some of my range, and I am most likely to fold what he beats.
Working...
X