fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, SB calls 2.6 BB, BB calls 2 BB

Flop: (9 BB, 3 players) Kd9h2d
    SB checks, BB bets 4 BB, Hero calls 4 BB, fold

Turn: (17 BB, 2 players) 7h
    BB bets 13.76 BB, Hero calls 13.76 BB

River: (44.52 BB, 2 players) 9c
    BB bets 16.36 BB, Hero?

----

I struggle dealing with donk bets. How would you play this?

I would have played this one the same way since their bet sizing's are in line with about how I would have bet. I call river and make a note on what he donk bet with.
    I prefer to pick up what they are doing with donk bets on someone else's dime but that's not always possible.

Here goes one I just played. No history with this V 88 hands 27/7/0. Had he bet the turn too he probably would have taken it down, if not then surely on the river unless I actually had a made hand.

https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/424uwtmLK

Last edited by kkep; 02-06-2020, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Yeah kkep is right.

We have a hand that is strong enough to call down, but if we bet and get raised we probably have to fold.

Make a note on what the villain is donking with because at these stakes they're incredibly unlikely to be balanced.

Comment

I contemplated raising on the flop to get value from worse kings and straight draws but K9, K2, 99, 22 could be in villains range. I decided to let villain do the betting and call down with what was likely the best hand. Villain had Q9 to river trips.

Is this a scenario where you can raise the flop for protection / information / value and fold if re-raised? Or, are you always just calling down with your good but not great hands?

Comment

• kkep
          kkep commented
          Editing a comment
          It's always so hard when we don't know what the hell they are doing. IP I like check calling down until I have a clue, we always get to go last so if they ever check we could always bet.

Some donk MM, or top pair, some draws, some just 2 pair or better. Then we have to figure out if they are calling stations tor not.

Vs the players that donk MM I like to do a lot of bluffing as soon as a scary card hits. Sometimes it takes 2 barrels but they usually get through unless their hand improved.

Vs the players that donk draws it usually goes like this donk flop 1/2 pot, turn doesn't help them then they bet really small. I've done this in $1/2. The pot will be like $40-$50 on the turn then they down bet $2 (I swear I see this often enough) I raise to like $30 -$40 with good made hands and or ATC and they go away. I'm not letting them set the price for their draw and the bluffs make up for whatever value I may lose buy trying to keep them around by raising to $10 and never getting paid when they miss on the river bc they ain't bluffing at.

It really comes down to I get to play with the same players quite a bit. Even tho I've played with over 400 unique V's in 1/2 I always seem to be at a table with several players I have at least 100's of hands with and I'm getting into the the 1000's with some.

Those bad players don't make adjustments....
      Working...
      X