Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this the best way to play this hand gto wise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this the best way to play this hand gto wise?

https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/624SvNcSK

I think i played the hand ok on flop and turn.The river play i dont love it but i am given 30% odds to call and the draws missed and my hand doesnt look alot like top pair as played,so opponent could very easily bluff this spot.How would you play the river here?

I would play this hand exactly the same in game.

But, what I would take a look at away from the table is how our range lines up against MDF. We need to defend with ~42% of our range here, but we very realistically could be towards the bottom half of our range that x/c flop and x/c turn.

I'm x/c my Tx on flop but folding to turn. I would x/c flop and x/c turn with Jx but then fold to river jam when I don't improve. What we have here is the 2nd worse Ax hand in our range so this is probably outside of the 42% required.

EDIT: thinking it through, I now hope I fold this in game I think.
    Last edited by LondonImp; 06-10-2021, 06:56 AM.

Comment

Tough spot since we don't block any of the V's bluffs and the board never really changes. I hate to say this but it's player dependent.
      If the player is unknown I would probably call too and I think calling with As5s might be better than calling with AK AQ especially if the K or Q was a diamond.

Comment

Originally posted by kkep View Post
        Tough spot since we don't block any of the V's bluffs and the board never really changes.
        On top of this, we DO block value hands that are likely to go for 3 streets of value. Now I'm leaning back towards a call haha

Originally posted by kkep View Post
        I think calling with As5s might be better than calling with AK AQ especially if the K or Q was a diamond.
        Are you not cbetting/check-raising these on the flop at a very high frequency?
        Last edited by LondonImp; 06-10-2021, 07:23 AM.

Comment

• GusP
          GusP commented
          Editing a comment
          Exactly those 2 spots can easily justify a call on river.Plus any better Ax that didnt 3bet pre(except the AT of course) would not go so easily for value on river and bet so big.I think the big bet allin is very polar,the nuts or bluff.The various Ax could thin valuebet smaller portion of the pot to extract value

• LondonImp
          LondonImp commented
          Editing a comment
          Surely this is a better flop for us as the PFR?

I wouldn't say we are strong enough to range bet considering how wide the bottom of our range is, but surely we still have the range/nut advantage? I'm in the office at the moment so don't have access to Flopzilla, but I'd imagine this to be the case.

I think betting a strong, polarised range is the correct play. A5s is definitely a marginal made hand here. Based on eff stacks, I think our "big" bet size should be closer to 50% not, not 66% or whatever.

• kkep
          kkep commented
          Editing a comment
          Equities are about 50/50 on the flop..I'm playing so I can't open any solvers without getting booted and a warning
          Last edited by kkep; 06-10-2021, 11:47 AM.

So maybe on the river the hand can be categorised as a bluff-catcher?

Comment

• LondonImp
          LondonImp commented
          Editing a comment
          It is 100% a bluff-catcher at best. Unless the villain is maniacal (no info to suggest this is true) we are not ahead of any three barrel value hands.
      Working...
      X