Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$16.50 buy-in $30k gtd. Early stages Flopped royal Flush. Critique my line?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $16.50 buy-in $30k gtd. Early stages Flopped royal Flush. Critique my line?

120BB effective. Villain 2.5x open UTG+1. Folds to Hero on Btn with AhJh. Like the title suggests, flop is QhKhTh. Villian checks, Hero checks behind.

Turn: 6s. Villain bets 5.4BB. Hero raises 20.5BB. Villian calls with only a few seconds pause. (Pot size ~49BB)

River: Qs. Villain checks. Hero Shoves for 1.5x pot or slightly less. Villain insta-folds.

Any better lines or did I probably get max value from his top pairs? Whats the worst you call the river jam as played if youre villain?
    Last edited by vvaves; 06-02-2021, 05:22 PM.

I would bet the flop. This is pretty much a lockdown board. He either has something to give action or he doesn't. This way you can start building the pot.

Comment

Also the bet size in my opinion should be very small to lure him in,like a minbet.

Comment

GusP I actually think we want to bet the flop large (polarize it). When we think about UTG1 range they are going to hit this flop really well. They have straights, sets, 2 pair combos, MM with redraws and some decent draws.

vvaves
        The turn is a brick and you did bet large which is fine. I would probably call the xr but I'm not really sure what the best action for us is.

The river is interesting too. Some players might check a full-house to give you a chance to bluff but I think most in that game will blast it.

So thinking about our bluffs. Do we have a lot of bluffs or only a few bluffs? I don't think we will have that many(I could be wrong tho) so I would tend to go for a smaller bet maybe 26BB.

That said I think a solver would split your range where your exact hand would have both a large over bet and smaller value bet so I doubt you made a mistake on the river.

What other hands would you go all in with and what are your bluffs?
        That may be the most important way to think about this...

Comment

kkep Actually you are very right because i neglected the fact that he mentioned they play 120bb eff stacks(very deep),so utg+1 can check/call a lot of premium hands here for some pot control because the flop is so wet.Sorry for my quick response i didnt see they play deep so really bad answer to minbet
          Last edited by GusP; 06-04-2021, 06:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X