Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

very strange hand and i would like to see if there are different approaches here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• very strange hand and i would like to see if there are different approaches here

https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/524ROsm7t

This seems fine me. If I had to guess I would say you're up against a boat or nut-flush trying to get value from an A.

The population notoriously underbluffs with overbets on the river and so we can exploit by over-folding.

Is he going to be bluffing sometimes? Yes. Is it going to be at least 32% of the time to justify us making a call with a bluff catcher? No.

Comment

• GusP
      GusP commented
      Editing a comment
      I think i need at least 40% equity to call.This 32% you are saying refers to my base equity from the pot odds?Because it confused me now

• LondonImp
      LondonImp commented
      Editing a comment
      GusP - You're right mate. 40.7% is the breakeven point, so we probably want to be good 42%-43% to give us an edge.

32% is MDF. I did the wrong calculation. Fishy move.

I would 3bet this hand preflop.

Comment

Actually it is on the cusp of 3betting according to gto solvers in this exact situation.QJo is a clear 3bet though.How much would you 3bet here?Would you 3bet wanting to get called or you prefer a fold here so a bigger 3bet?

Comment

I would make it about 560 with my entire 3 bet range. I bet the same size whether I am bluffing for 3 betting for value.

Comment

• kkep
          kkep commented
          Editing a comment
          The only bad option is going all in
          Last edited by kkep; 05-22-2021, 07:13 AM.
      Working...
      X