20-30bb Jamming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20-30bb Jamming?

It folds to the CO, a solid reg. He opens to 2.5bb out of his 40bb stack. We look down at 44 on the BTN with a 27bb stack. Is this a jam? I folded. I'm pretty sure there is a jamming strategy in the 20-30bb range from watching some hand history reviews, but I can't say I understand it. Anyone have some insights?

44 is a call

Comment

In my opinion if your stack is 18-22bb you shove if there are not any icm considerations and if the blinds are not very loose.More than 23 bb it is just call for me too.Also the gto push fold strategy is different in 20-25-30 bb eff stacks.So for your case you can take 44 and put them in between 25-30bb strategy and just call

Comment

At 25bb it's going to mix but since he opened 2.5x instead of 2x I think a jam might be even better. This solver is still being developed so I can't make the Co open larger than 2x
        Click image for larger version

Name:	44 (2).jpg
Views:	28
Size:	144.8 KB
ID:	49394
        Last edited by kkep; 05-16-2021, 11:04 PM.

Comment

The Co is supposed to fold 70% of their opening range when it folds back around to them. That's a lot but since they opened for 2.5x instead of 2x they are probably supposed to call just a bit wider.

Comment

The stage of the tournament is also important in making a decison here.If it was a cash game it would be easier to say but in this situation it matters if it is early stage or bubble or pre final table

Comment

ICM implications aside, this is a call:

Click image for larger version

Name:	range.JPG
Views:	27
Size:	262.4 KB
ID:	49408

Comment

• kkep
                kkep commented
                Editing a comment
                Apparently there is a difference between 25BB and 30BB. That was also for a 9 handed game and not 8 like our solves although for this hand I don't think it changes much if any.
                I'm not sure what you have but I believe what I'm referencing is something new, in the testing phase. I'm in an 8 person Discord with Acevedo who developed it with Patrik Antonios...how in the world did I land in there right.

• LondonImp
                LondonImp commented
                Editing a comment
                Haha not sure how you managed to swing that one mate

• kkep
                kkep commented
                Editing a comment
                They put it out there for free until they nail it down I think and I found a bug right off the bat so LP put me in there

Thanks guys I appreciate this. So, as I read this I think what I'm curious about is how I should think about structuring the jamming range in this 25-30bb range. There were no immediate ICM implications in this situation so let's keep that as our basis too. I can wrap my head around jamming with middle pairs in this spot, but how do we decide the rest of our range? What is compelling us to simply call with all of our Ax suited hands. I would have assumed some of those would be jams. And, how do we decide which hands can 3 bet versus jamming? Thanks.

Comment

• kkep
                kkep commented
                Editing a comment
                It's heavily mixing. The way I see it is we protect our speculative calling range by calling with some AA KK and the rest also protect our 3! range. I suppose jamming AK (maybe even AQ) TT 99 protects are weaker jams a bit.

I also consider the V's PFR. If he is nitty I would call more with 44 rather than jam because they won't have as many open folds and almost everything they have is going to do decently well against us.

These charts that are shown here are gto charts so they are unexploitable against any opponent.Sometimes you can deviate a little bit and get exploitative if you have reads against an opponent.But in general dont get very far away from these ranges.Just do alot of study off the tables for different situations and have reference in some gto charts

Comment

Working...
              X