call reshove with 88, to loose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• call reshove with 88, to loose

I think i called to loose here, however its a Turbo and i some need to go for it. I struggle with this one tough.

PokerStars - 250/500 Ante 65 NL - Holdem - 8 players
    Hand converted by Holdem Manager 3

MP+1: 10,762 (21.5 bb)
    CO: 2,073 (4.1 bb)
    BTN: 19,439 (38.9 bb)
    SB: 5,368 (10.7 bb)
    BB: 9,049 (18.1 bb)
    UTG: 11,488 (23 bb)
    UTG+1: 15,073 (30.1 bb)
    Hero (MP): 11,263 (22.5 bb)

8 players post ante of 65, SB posts 250, BB posts 500

Pre Flop: (pot: 1,270) Hero has :8h: :8c:
    2 folds, Hero raises to 1,000, MP+1 raises to 10,697 and is all-in, 4 folds, Hero calls 9,697

Flop: (22,664, 2 players) :As: :Kd: :Ks:

Turn: (22,664, 2 players) :2h:

River: (22,664, 2 players) :Qd:

Results: 22,664 pot (0 rake)
    Final Board: :As: :Kd: :Ks: :2h: :Qd:

Hero shows :8h: :8c:: (Two Pair, Kings and Eights)
    (Pre 53%, Flop 0%, Turn 0%)

MP+1 shows :Kc: :Ac:: (Full House, Kings full of Aces)
    (Pre 47%, Flop 100%, Turn 100%)

MP+1 wins 22,664

ps i did not had any info on the guy.

Comment

At 20BB 88 is pretty much a shove. If you were in HJ and your V was in LJ, you're supposed to call his all in with 88. Maybe you could bet/fold 66 but I think 88 is too strong.

Comment

Yeah 88 is a straightforward call here. Try not to be results orientated mate, just be happy you made the right play. If the board had run out: 7 5 5 3 2 rainbow, would you have still posted this?

Click image for larger version

Name:	LJ v HJ shove 20bb eff.JPG
Views:	36
Size:	145.8 KB
ID:	44197

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I would probably not posted if i had won, however in the past i folded probably 100 procent in this situation. Now i know i can call next time in the same situation and are making no mistakes.

Comment

One of the important bits of information you gave us was that you had "no info on the guy".

We don't want to be sticking to the charts once we start finding out our opponents' mistakes.

If we'd played 300 hands with this guy and this was the first time he'd ever 3!, then 88 is probably a fold.

If he 3! you 20% of the time, then we probably need to be calling 55+, ATs+ etc.

Make sense?

One last comment (I've been studying for ages and need some sleep - haha) is regarding what hands you post for help here or review yourself.

I presume on HM3 you can tag hands in game right? I know you can in PT4. Well, next time you find yourself in a tough spot, BEFORE you make your decision, quickly tag the hand to review and then you'll remember to post/review it regardless of the outcome.

Just because you call a 3! and the flips over AA doesn't necessarily mean you made a mistake. You could have just run in to the top of his range and you'd still made the right call when taking into account every hand he would've played in the same way.

Keep posting, keep asking questions

Comment

Thank you for your insights it all makes perfectly sense.

The question was indeed to know GTO wise. With more info on the guy or woman i could make better decicions. If my HM3 gives a 15vpip and 5pfr i probably will fold a lot and start to call with JJ and better.
              In HM3 you can indeed tag hands in game. I dont know what you mean by "BEFORE you make your decision, quickly tag the hand to review and then you'll remember it regardless of the outcome.

In the next days i will post some hand that i played yesterday. So i will keep asking.

Comment

Working...
              X