Nitted Up to Ladder on the Cash Bubble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nitted Up to Ladder on the Cash Bubble

17th Level of "Deepstacked" MTT on GlobalPoker. Started with ~280 entries. We are 35/39, 36 cash, everyone below us has <3BB

8 handed

H JdJh S 21,027 P 3rd B 2,000/4,000
    2nd 8,600 we fold.

I rationalized this with EPs strong range, us not having much fold equity, 5 10BB stacks and one 45BB stacks yet to act, initial raiser being 30BB deep. And even if I win I thought doubling up to 10BB wouldn't give me a strong chance at the final table ( I hate that assumption looking back, that's just foolish.) The obvious thing was I could almost definitely fold to the cash, and the cash bubble is the biggest pay jump until the final table.

I now think a 10BB stack would be huge here, and even better if it goes three ways I think we're gonna have 33%+ and when we win 15BB could take us deep.

Confirming I got soft and should be jamming here with my first in the air?

He knows you have JJ and you always fold no matter what

Comment

The only way to know for sure is to run it through an ICM calculator, unfortunately my subscription has expired so I cant do it for you. My gut feel is that this is actually a close spot, If this was a flat payout structure eg a Satellite tourney (which for all the very short stacks it kind of is) then this would almost definitely be a fold to a raise in front. However, had it folded to you it is a snap shove.

Comment

Working...
      X